What is it?
GP Explore enables capture of de-identified patient data, while providing automated, real-time, dynamic reporting and analytics, and integrated reflection and generation of learning goals.
- Data Capture GP Explore users enter de-identified patient data including; demographic, presenting complaint, diagnosis and basic management.
- Analytics GP Explore interactive graphs provide a snapshot of patient data. Enables real time reflection. Allows users to compare data to peer groups, see trends, identify gaps and focus on improvement opportunities.
- Reflection & Learning GP Explore has integrated learning into the process, via reflective questions to guide discussion and generate relevant learning goals
Why use GP Explore?
To attain Fellowship of the RACGP and/or ACRRM, doctors must master skills across a broad curriculum. Beyond Fellowship, General Practitioners continue to build skills and knowledge to best care for their patients. Experiential learning, through managing a diverse range of patients, is a critical way in which skills are developed. Capturing evidence of the consulting experience has been time consuming, complicated and not easily linked to reflection and development, nor has the process been in real-time. GP EXPLORE, fills this gap.
“GP Explore was a fantastic way for me to visualise my scope of General Practice exposure in various domains. It enabled me to get a snapshot of how I compared with my peers, identify possible gaps in my practice, how much time I was spending with patients, how I was following up patients, age groups I was seeing more or less of etc. I found that collecting the data on my phone via the GPEx app was the easiest way to do this, sometimes after each patient left the room, or during catchup slots in the day. I recommend Registrars book in allocated catch up slots in their day for the purpose of data collection if they are finding it a challenge to collect the data after each patient. It was definitely a worthwhile exercise that helped inform my clinical practice going forward.”
Benefits of GP Explore
For registrars, supervisors, practices, medical educators and other users;
- Quick, easy and effective data capture
- Real time analytics and dynamic reporting
- Manage your own paediatric logbook and create your own
- Compare data with peers and track progress over time
- Integrated and guided reflection and generation of learning goals
For training organisations;
- Cost effective and scalable
- Useful workplace-based assessment and remediation tool
- Real time evidence of patient load and diversity
- Ability to analyse group data
- Use data to inform organisational decisions
- Track registrar exposure to enable tailored training and placements
- Customised to your communities’ social determinants
- Tailored functionality to suit your requirements