16 May 2017
Expressions of Interest for 2018 Academic Post.
- Are you a GP registrar who is interested in finding out the answer to your burning question?
- Do you want an opportunity to develop skills which inform the future of evidence based general practice?
- Do you want to be able to filter, critically appraise, interpret and apply information to maximise patient care?
If you answered yes to the above, then an Academic Post may be what you are looking for.
An Academic Post is an Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) term of training where general practice (GP) registrars learn academic skills through individualised learning plans including mentoring and support from training organisations and universities. Commencing from 2018, these 12-month part-time salaried posts are a great opportunity to develop your research and/or teaching skills.
Expressions of Interest for these positions have now opened through both the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) and the Royal Australia College of General Practitioners (RACGP):
- For those completing a fellowship with ACRRM who wish to complete a post, this post can be undertaken when completing Advanced Specialised Training in Academic Practice, Population Health, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health or Remote Medicine. Incorporating an academic training term during Primary Rural and Remote Training can be considered on a case by case basis.
- For those interested in undertaking a post whilst completing a fellowship with the RACGP, this post would typically count against an Extended Skills Training (EST) term.
If you wish to take advantage of this opportunity, you will be well supported by our academic medical educators and a dedicated team of staff with research experience both through the application process, and throughout your post.
For more information, or if you wish to discuss this further, please contact Taryn Elliot via email or on 8490 0400.
We encourage you to contact us early to give you the best opportunity to develop a competitive application for an Academic Post for 2018.
Applications open 29 May 2017 – see the full timeline below.
|EOI open||17 April||Now open|
|EOI close||N/A||26 May|
|Applications open||29 May||29 May|
|Applications close||14 July||TBC (information available early May)|
|Offers made||September||TBC (information available early May)|
|Term commences||S1 2018||S1 2018|