Career-Based Mentoring Program
Are you exploring or planning the next chapter in your medical career?
Let us help!
What is career-based mentoring?
Career-based mentoring is a process which focuses on supporting you to achieve your professional goals.
The GPEx career-based mentoring program gives you an opportunity to connect with a GP career-based mentor to have a chat about the reality of urban and/or rural General Practice and help you determine whether GP might be the specialty career for you.
Our GP mentors have a range of expertise in the diverse specialty of General Practice, and can share their experiences and discuss a possible pathway to applying to General Practice if you choose.
The program enables you to meet with a GP mentor and discuss your queries over two sessions. Mentors can connect you with further information and provide resources to find out more about opportunities in the General Practice specialty.
**this is a pilot program – please register your interest asap so you don’t miss this opportunity. Program Close 30 June 2022
Contact our team to register your interest
Don't miss this career opportunity
What is the process for career-based mentoring?
The GPEx career-based mentoring program would involve:
- Registration of interest in mentoring;
- Matching mentor and mentee;
- 2 x mentoring sessions (up to 1 hour each)
- Sharing of relevant resources
Our GP Mentors
- Have the ability to establish rapport and trust;
- Will be able to encourage the mentees to share their needs from the career-based mentoring process and assist the mentee’s agenda;
- Posses excellent communication skills and be able to define and communicate an understanding of the purpose of the mentoring share desired outcomes;
- The ability to respectfully adhere to professional boundaries;
- The ability to challenge mentees’ thinking in an encouraging manner;
- Hold a willingness to share their own experiences and career journey;
- Share available resources and supports for the mentees; and
- Have further support and be able to seek help as a mentor if required.