ReturnToWorkSA Opioids and the Pharmacology of Chronic Pain
Join us in Port Lincoln for dinner and an education session to improve your confidence to support patients in the RTWSA scheme.
Date: 29 February 2024
Start time: 17:30 ACDT
End time: 21:00 ACDT
Venue: Grand Tasman Hotel, Port Lincoln
Phone: 1300 473 972
Port Lincoln Workshop
ReturnToWorkSA and GPEx invite GPs and primary health care teams to attend a workshop that p aims to provide confidence and strategies when supporting patients in the RTWSA scheme while being aware of the risks and safety measures related to prescribing opioids
The workshop includes discussion and case studies to engage and enable participants to practically apply their skills and knowledge, and will be facilitated by Dr Meredith Daff.
Dinner will be provided.
About this Workshop
- Determine The role of the GP in pain management and education.
- Identify the dangers of long-term use and misuse of prescription opioids in adults
- Examine tools to aid decision-making tools for when and how to prescribe and deprescribe prescription opioids in adults
- Examine techniques and skills to facilitate difficult conversations with adult patients around the dangers of opioid use, including not prescribing or deprescribing.
- Describe the role of non-pharmacological strategies in the management of chronic pain
This training has been made possible by funding provided by ReturnToWorkSA.
RACGP and ACRRM accreditation is currently pending for the 2023 – 2025 triennium.