Substance Misuse: Understanding, Awareness and Support
Training for NDIS support workers
Participants will learn:
- What substance misuse is
- The different types of substances, their classification and how to identify them
- The causes of substance misuse to cultivate empathy and non-judgemental attitudes towards individuals struggling with substance misuse
- Treatment options, recovery pathways and support resources
- The importance of self-care and boundaries when assisting those dealing with substance misuse, gained via case studies and scenarios support workers commonly find themselves in.
- Various substances’ interactions with mental health medications
- Signs of drug overdose and when to call for help.
By the end of this course, participants will be equipped with valuable insights, knowledge, and skills to better understand substance misuse, support individuals in need and contribute positively to addressing this complex issue in society.