Understanding Mental Illness
Training for NDIS support workers
Face-to-face training for NDIS support workers.
- Develop an understanding of various mental illnesses including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Recognise and challenge common misconceptions and stigmas surrounding mental health conditions
- Understand the symptoms of each illness, as well as early warning signs, to be able to provide more timely intervention and support
- Understand the role of biological, psychological and environmental factors in the development and manifestation of mental health conditions
- Explore evidence-based treatments and interventions for different conditions to promote recovery and well-being
- Understand how support workers can deploy effective commmunication skills to foster open and non-judgmental dialogue.
By the end of this course, participants will be equipped with a deeper understanding of mental illness and increased awareness of its impact, as well as know how to best support individuals living with mental health challenges.