Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Eye Pathologies, Common Presentations – GPEx & Country SA PHN
Date: Thursday, December 17, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Region: Murray Mallee
Venue: Adelaide Road Motor Lodge, Murray Bridge
We extend this invitation to GPs, GP Registrars and other Primary Health Care Professionals.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Eye Pathologies Common Presentations
Facilitators: Luke Higgins and Devinia Binell
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify four eye conditions more commonly seen within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population (cataract, diabetic retinopathy, hypertensive retinopathy, trachoma).
- List appropriate practical examination techniques and assessments of eye health.
- Discuss the identification and management goals for diabetic retinopathy.
- Implement appropriate and timely management strategies including referral along local pathways.
- Contextualise the education activity in current National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health initiatives, including Closing the Gap initiative and Practice Incentives Program Indigenous Health Incentive (PIP IHI).
This event is for GPs , GP Registrars and other Primary Health Care Professionals and has been allocated two (2) core Professional Development Program (PDP) points with ACRRM and four (4) CPD Program points with RACGP for the 2020 – 2022 triennium.