AMPHEaT: Are you prepared for violence in your workplace?
Presented by AMPHEaT
Where: Level 1, 313 Payneham Road, Royston Park
When: Wednesday, 17 October 2018
Time: Registration – 8:30am, workshop – 9.00am – 4.30pm
Price: $320+GST (a receipt can be provided for tax deduction claims or reimbursement applications)
Healthcare workers are more likely to experience violence in their workplace than police officers and prison guards. Don’t wait for a critical incident to occur to start the conversation about personal safety and proactive ways to manage aggression/violence in the workplace.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. identify angry, aggressive and intimidating behaviour
2. develop a range of responses for safely defusing aggressive behaviour
3. learn early intervention strategies to help manage the situation
4. understand how your behaviour can escalate or defuse the situation
5. learn to integrate de-escalating techniques with personal safety strategies
6. know when to take verbal assertive control in an aggressive situation
7. identify techniques for managing intimidation including knowing when to exit the scene and how to leave safely.
Workshop numbers are limited to 12 participants due to the practical nature of the session.
For more information and to secure a spot in this workshop register here.