Chronic Pain – supporting rural GPs and their patients through a multidisciplinary approach – GPEx & Country SA PHN
Date: Saturday, December 12, 2020
Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Region: Adelaide Hills
Venue: Adelaide Hills Convention Centre, Hahndorf
We extend this invitation to GPs and GP Registrars
Chronic Pain – supporting rural GPs and their patients through a multidisciplinary approach
Facilitators: Dr Irinia Hollington, Matt Ash and Annie Hopkins
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the socio-psycho-biomedical paradigm for understanding chronic pain, including the pathophysiology and the risk factors for transition from acute to chronic pain.
- Describe the cognitive, endocrine and immunological effects of long-term opioid use.
- Discuss clinical governance of opioids at a practice level to ensure patient safety and appropriate prescribing.
- Develop an approach to de-prescribing for patients with chronic pain on opioids and outline the safe and appropriate use of analgesic and adjuvant medicines in the management of chronic non-cancer pain.
- Implement non-pharmacological strategies for managing chronic pain including focused psychological and physical therapies.
This event is for GPs and GP Registrars and has been allocated forty (40) core Professional Development Program (PDP) points with ACRRM and forty (40) CPD Program points with RACGP for the 2020 – 2022 triennium.