Deepen your Understanding: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Training – GPEx & Country SA PHN
Date: Friday, November 13, 2020
Time: 9:15 am to 4:30 pm
Venue: Central Oval, Port Augusta
We extend this invitation to GPs, GP Registrars, Primary Health Care Professionals, Practice Managers and Practice Teams.
Deepen your Understanding: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Training for General Practice
Facilitators: Dr Kali Hayward, Dr Samantha Bateman, Dr Naomi Wall and Devinia Binell
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate communication skills taking into account doctor/patient interaction, organisation and socio-political issues.
- Contextualise the education activity in current National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health initiatives, including Closing the Gap initiative and Practice Incentives Program Indigenous Health Incentive (PIP IHI).
- Define the goals for best practice management of Chronic Kidney Disease in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to delay progression and prevent complications.
- Identify the requirements for a practice-based system to screen for Chronic Kidney Disease in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other high-risk patient checks.
- Establish procedures for follow up of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients through practice-based recall systems.
This event is for GPs , GP Registrars and other Primary Health Care Professionals and has been allocated forty (40) core Professional Development Program (PDP) points with ACRRM and forty (40) CPD Program points with RACGP for the 2020 – 2022 triennium.