Management of Ear Health in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children – GPEx & Country SA PHN
Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Time: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Region: Mid North
Location: Memorial Oval Function Centre, Port Pirie
Management of Ear Health in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children
Presenters: Dr Rowan Valentine and Devinia Binell
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of early detection of Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children
- Explain the key features and recommended management for Otitis Media with Effusion
- Describe the contemporary management of Acute Otitis Media
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose and manage Cholesteatoma including the safe co-management of patients between the GP and ENT Specialist.
- Contextualise the education activity in current National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health initiatives, including Closing the Gap initiative and Practice Incentives Program Indigenous Health Incentive (PIP IHI).
This event is for GPs, Registrars, Nurses and other Primary Health Care Professionals and has been allocated two (2) core Professional Development Program (PDP) points with ACRRM and four (4) CPD Program points with RACGP for the 2020 – 2022 triennium.