Management of Skin Cancer in General Practice – GPEx & Country SA PHN
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Time: 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Region: Murray Mallee
Venue: Adelaide Road Motor Lodge, Murray Bridge
This workshop is now full, please contact Lesley Webber.
We extend this invitation to GPs, GP Registrars and other primary health care professionals.
Management of Skin Cancer in General Practice
Facilitator: Dr Alexandra Turner
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify common skin malignancies through history and examination, including the use of dermatoscopy.
- Discuss treatment options for common skin malignancies, both medical (topical) and surgical.
- List the safe excision margins for common skin malignancies.
- Describe cases which warrant referral for specialist dermatological or plastic surgical assessment and management.
- Implement practice processes to increase recording of patients’ risk factors for skin cancers to align with best practice.
This event is for GPs, GP Registrars and other Primary Health Care Professionals and has been allocated two (2) core Professional Development Program (PDP) points with ACRRM and four (4) CPD Program points with RACGP for the 2020 – 2022 triennium.