Over-the-counter (OTC) Codeine changes
– How to help your patients
– Common dilemmas with patients presenting in general practice with amphetamine related problems
Presenter: Dr Chris Holmwood
The GP Extend program includes delivery of Educational Services for the Country SA PHN program to deliver professional development for rural general practitioners and other primary care professionals across regional South Australia. For more information, please visit GP Extend.
Where: Whyalla – The Westland Hotel
When: Tuesday 27 February 2018
Time: 6.30pm – 9.00pm (Dinner provided)
Registration is essential. No cost to attend.
At the completion of this session participants will be able to:
- Explain the changes and rationale of codeine prescribing
- Describe a systematic approach to assessing risk when working with patients with OTC codeine dependence
- Manage withdrawal with symptomatic treatment or buprenorphine/naloxone
- Access clinical advice, local resources and pathways for referral
- Detail current trends in stimulant use in SA
- Describe common types of presentations relating to amphetamine use
- Describe how to respond in the GP setting and refer to local and other resources
For more information, please contact Lesley Webber, Program Manager CPD Education, on 8490 0400.