Supporting patients with substance misuse – Webinar #1
Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Time: 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
GPEx & Country SA PHN invite you to attend:
Supporting patients with substance misuse
- Location: Online
- Facilitator: Dr Michael Findlay and Dr William Liaw
The purpose of this workshop is to provide education that supports prevention
and early intervention strategies for your patients and their families, while promoting evidence-based information about drugs and alcohol.
- Develop an understanding of the rates of substance misuse including emerging drug trends in different patient populations
- Develop strategies for assessing patients’ readiness to change in a general practice setting who are at risk of substance misuse
- Discuss the shared management of patients with substance misuse including community alcohol detoxification
- Identify appropriate referral pathways and systems to support patients including detoxification and longer-term management of substance misuse.
Any queries, please contact Dana Esposito on (08) 8490 0400.
This event is for GPs, GP Registrars, Nurses and other Primary Health Care Professionals and will be allocated two (2) Educational Activity points with ACRRM and four (4) CPD Program points with RACGP for the 2020 – 2022 triennium.
This activity has been made possible by funding from Country SA PHN.