Free Online Course – End of Life Care Essentials
General Practitioners play a significant role in end-of-life care with many patients facing a progressive life-limiting illness choosing to be cared for and, if possible, to die at home.
All Australians should be supported to consider and be provided with the opportunity to specify the type of care they would like to receive when approaching the end of life. GP Partners Australia have launched a series of online End-of-Life Care modules, aimed at building the capacity and skills of General Practitioners in caring for adults with a progressive life-limiting illness, and providing a framework for patient ‘shared care’ with Specialist Palliative Care Services in metropolitan and peri-urban Adelaide to address this.
- The learning outcomes include being able to:
- Confidently provide end of life information to patients
- Review an Advanced Care Directive and Resuscitation Plan 7 step Pathway for end of life care to enhance the safety and quality of patient care
- Describe key components in the hierarchy of decision-making process for end of life care
- Discuss the role of a substitute decision-maker.
The course duration is two hours and it is provided free of charge to all Registrars and General Practitioners. It is also approved for 4 RACGP QI&CPD points in the 2017-19 triennium.
For further information please contact your PTA.