The AGPT Program – How to Apply
Applications for the AGPT 2021 second intake are opening soon.
Step 1: Apply online
Applications open: 10th August, 2020
Applications close: 31st August, 2020
Applications open: 31st August, 2020
Applications close: 21st September, 2020
Step 2: Pay college application fee and participate in stage 1 assessment
Application fee: $700
Due date: 31 August 2020
Stage 1 assessment
- Candidates to complete written submission and nominate referees as part of the online application
- ACRRM will review written submission and referee reports
- Written submission and referee nominations ($700 application fee due) – 31 August 2020
- Referee reports due – 8 September 2020
Application fee: $725
Due date: Payable upon registration for CAAKT – 19th October – 23rd October, 2020
Stage 1 assessment
- Candidate Assessment and Applied Knowledge Test (CAAKT)
- Eligible candidates enrol and pay the application fee and book in CAAKT stage 1 assessment – TBA
- Candidate sits CAAKT assessment – 19th October – 23rd October, 2020
Step 3: Participate in stage 2 assessment with GPEx
Stage 2 assessment – Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI’s)
- ACRRM to notify candidates who successfully passed written submission that they have been shortlisted for interview
- MMI Interview with ACRRM and GPEx representatives
- ACRRM to notify candidates of selection outcomes. Offers and acceptances due within 7 days of offer.
- ACRRM to notify candidates of MMI date and time – 12th October, 2020
- MMI interviews conducted with ACRRM and GPEx – 17th October – 20th October, 2020
- ACRRM to send second intake offers to successful candidates– acceptances due within 7 days – 16 November 2020
Stage 2 assessment – Panel interview with GPEx
- GPEx will notify candidates of the interview date and time Interview with GPEx representative
- Second intake offers sent and acceptances due within 7 day
- GPEx to notify candidates of interview date and time – 12th November, 2020 “N.B. Interstate based candidates will be invited to interview remotely.”
- Interviews conducted with GPEx – 21st November – 29th November, 2020
- GPEx to notify candidates of selection outcomes. Offers and acceptances due within 7 days of offer – 11th December, 2020
Have a question regarding the application process? Contact GPEx
GPEx is here to help
457 and TSS 482, 491 and 494 Visa Holders
If you are a foreign graduate of an Accredited Medical School (FGAMS) and hold a 457 or TSS 482, 491 or 494 visa and meet certain requirements, you may be able to apply to the AGPT 2021 program and train with GPEx.
GPEx has a network of training practices willing to sponsor and employ temporary visa holders.
It is an expectation of the AGPT Program that temporary visa holder applicants obtain Australian permanent residency, or Australian or New Zealand citizenship, by the end of the first 12 months of community general practice training.
Holders of 457 and TSS 482, 491 or 494 visas who wish to receive a letter of support from GPEx to apply to the AGPT program in South Australia can email firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of requirements.
A GPEx letter of support is not a guarantee of a training offer and applicants are still required to go through the selection process of their chosen general practice college/s.