Mentally Healthy Workplaces
Create a positive and productive environment where people want to come to work and perform at their best
About this Program
Mental health is a state of wellbeing in which every individual realises his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.
A mentally healthy workplace is a positive and productive environment where people want to come to work and perform at their best. Creating a mentally healthy workplace is about building that culture of care, where people genuinely feel like they are cared for beyond just getting the job done.
Workplaces are at all different stages when it comes to creating a mentally healthy workplace, and this module will assist you no matter where you are along that journey – whether you are just starting out or if you are seeking some additional strategies to put in place. The module is aimed at unpacking the “what”, “why” and “how” of a mentally healthy workplace, as well as introducing you to range of free tools and resources to assist you to commence or continue to take action.
Developed by ReturnToWorkSA, this 90-minute module has been created primarily for Return to Work Coordinators, managers, business owners or any leader wanting to influence and create a mentally healthy workplace.
This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Explain what ‘mental health’ actually means.
- Describe what a mentally healthy workplace looks like.
- Understand the benefits of creating a mentally healthy workplace.
- Implement strategies to create a mentally healthy workplace, leveraging an integrated approach, adopting critical success factors, and employing existing tools and resources.
- What is a Mentally Healthy Workplace?
- Why Focus on a Mentally Healthy Workplace?
- How to Create a Mentally Healthy Workplace
- Tools and Resources