Case Study: Long-Covid Education for South Western Sydney Primary Health Network
GPEx developed and delivered a highly successful webinar on appropriate management of Long Covid to primary health professionals on behalf of South Western Sydney Primary Health Network (PHN). The webinar was extremely well received, with 95% of attendees saying they would recommend this CPD activity to a colleague.
South Western Sydney PHN’s catchment covers seven local government areas from Bankstown to Bowral, with a population of 1,057,080. With Long Covid growing in prevalence, the organisation engaged GPEx to assist them in raising awareness of Long Covid and in upskilling primary health professionals in its diagnosis and management.
The GPEx Solution
GPEx developed and delivered a case-based webinar, optimised to foster discussion, with the following learning outcomes:
- Distinguish the difference between acute COVID-19, ongoing symptomatic COVID-19, and post-COVID-19 syndrome
- Explain the prevalence of post- COVID-19 syndrome, including recognising associated risk factors and patient demographics
- Conduct assessments to highlight features and symptoms of post- COVID-19 syndrome in patients
- Confidently manage post-COVID-19 syndrome, including supported self-management and the roles
- of healthcare professionals
The webinar was presentedby Dr Bernard Shiu BSc, MD, FRCGP, director of Geelong Long Covid Clinic, who regularly provides expert opinion to the Victorian Department of Health regarding the management of chronic disease.
GPEx made it easy for South Western Sydney PHN to upskill primary health professionals by offering an end-to-end solution tailored to their needs, including:
- Scoping, planning and needs analysis
- Content development
- End-to-end project management
- Registration and participation management
- Creation of promotional assets
- CPD accreditation and management with the RACGP
- Post event evaluation and reporting.
More than 100 primary health professionals in the South Western Sydney PHN catchment area registered for the webinar. Attendees were highly engaged with the content, asking questions throughout and saying
they would recommend this CPD activity to their colleagues. Additionally, 86% indicated
in the post-event survey that they could now confidently manage post-COVID-19 syndrome.
Reach and influence primary care professionals throughout Australia with GPEx
GPEx partners with a wide range of healthcare organisations to deliver fit-for-purpose, evidence- based education solutions.
All material is designed in consultation with in-house subject matter experts who have frontline medical expertise and understand the challenges facing primary care in Australia. Be it face-to-face training, a live webinar or an online course, your audience will be engaged in learning that is interactive and meaningful, and secures long-lasting behavioural change.
Contact Us today to Discuss Tailored education and training needs
Interested in a downloadable format of this case study? No problem—get your copy here.