Chronic Kidney Disease
Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
In this module, you will learn about:
- The prevalence of Chronic Kidney Disease in Australia
- Risk factors for the development of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Screening tests used to detect Chronic Kidney Disease
- Diagnostic and staging criteria for Chronic Kidney Disease
- The multidisciplinary management of Chronic Kidney Disease
- The specific role of the Practice Nurse in supporting patients with Chronic Kidney Disease including the preparation of GP Chronic Disease Management Plans