Day 1 in General Practice
Get your general practice career off to the best start with practical tips and advice
About this Program
Make the transition from public to private practice as smooth as possible with this free online course so that you can begin your GP career with confidence.
Are you a GP registrar? Are you just starting out in your general practice career? This course is for you!
The GP setting can be unfamiliar to many people who begin to work as a GP for the first time.
The Day 1 in General Practice course gives you all the knowledge you need to get up to speed with working in general practice, so that you feel confident and ready to thrive.
This course is approximately two hours in duration, and will help you understand Medicare and practice billing, managing people in the outpatient rather than inpatient setting, referring appropriately, and working in a private business rather than a public service.
This resource is also useful for prevocational doctors interested in General Practice or International Medical Graduates starting in Australian General Practice.
This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the private fee-for-service system, including the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS) and Private Practice billing;
- Learn how to refer appropriately from an external source, including to a public or private hospital, private specialist or allied health professional;
- Learn about the benefits and challenges of private practice, including how to work in a private business rather than a large public service and how to access tests, investigations and services; and
- Learn how to review people in a community setting as opposed to an inpatient or public hospital setting.
- The Business of General Practice
- Consulting in General Practice
- Time Management
- Working Across Cultures
- Where to From Here?
You may also like…
Understanding LGBTIQFreeAdd to cart
Practice inclusivity with LGBTIQ patients CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
DRS4DRS – A Healthy Medical ProfessionFreeEnrol today
Understand your physical and mental health needs and how to care for your colleagues
Bowel Screening Learning HubFreeAdd to cart
Support your patients' participation in the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program
Beating BurnoutFreeAdd to cart
Practical strategies for healthcare professionals to manage and prevent burnout and enhance personal wellbeing.