DRS4DRS – A Healthy Medical Profession
Understand your physical and mental health needs and how to care for your colleagues
About this Program
Broaden your understanding of the physical and mental health needs of the medical profession, so you can look after your health and the health and wellbeing of other doctors.
The health and wellbeing of doctors is of the utmost importance, however, the stress and strain of working in the medical profession means that many doctors neglect their own health needs.
This course will help you deliver empathic, patient-centred care to the doctor-patient by understanding the physical and mental health needs of the medical profession, the workplace risks which can impact doctors’ health, and the barriers that prevent doctors and medical students from accessing health care.
You will also learn how to recognise and respond to your own health needs and formulate a plan for ongoing self-care.
This course is two hours in duration. Upon completion, a certificate is provided to enable you to claim CPD points through your College (if applicable).
This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Develop a system for recognising and responding to one’s own health needs and formulate a plan for ongoing self-care.
- Identify the health needs of doctor-patients and compare these with patients in the general community.
- Analyse and respond to the potential barriers to health access that doctors encounter.
- Develop skills to deliver empathic, patient-centred care to the doctor-patient.
- Describe the impact of the current regulatory environment regarding care of the doctor-patient.
- Health Access for Doctors
- The Doctor as a Patient
- The Doctor as a Doctor’s Doctor
Developed in partnership with
You may also like…
Mentally Healthy WorkplacesFreeAdd to cart
Create a positive and productive environment where people want to come to work and perform at their best
Mastering Supervision$150.00Add to cart
Enhance your supervision skills to set your trainees up for success CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
Opioids and Your PatientFreeAdd to cart
Learn more about prescription opioids including their benefits and negative impacts CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
Beating BurnoutFreeAdd to cart
Practical strategies for healthcare professionals to manage and prevent burnout and enhance personal wellbeing.