End of Life Care
Enhance your skills in providing end-of-life care and information to your patients CPD accredited with RACGP
About this Program
GPs play a significant role in facilitating end-of-life care for their patients.
The End of Life Care course give GPs the confidence to care for patients with a terminal illness and provides GPs with a framework for patient ‘shared care’ with specialist palliative care services.
Learn about the decision-making process, Advance Care Directives and the Resuscitation 7 Step Pathway, so that you have the confidence and knowledge to assist and inform patients about end-of-life care.
This course is three hours in duration and CPD accredited through GP Partners Australia for the 2023-2025 triennium with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP):
- Educational Activities: 3 hours
- Reviewing Performance: 2 hours
This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Confidently provide end of life information to patients
- Review an Advance Care Directives and Resuscitation Plan 7 step Pathway for end of life to enhance the safety and quality of patient care
- Describe key components in the hierarchy of decision making for end of life care
- Discuss the role of a substitute decision maker
- Increase the awareness of Advance Care Directives, and their importance in South Australia
- Your obligations and the law
- Converting patient wishes to clinical instructions
- Ensuring everything goes to plan
Developed in partnership with
What about your practice nurse?
So you’ve taken charge of your own professional development but what about your practice nurse?
GPEx’s comprehensive 24-module Practice Nurse Program is the ideal way to upskill your practice nurse. From wound management and ECG basics to mental health support and stock management, your practice nurse will have the skills and confidence to contribute even more effectively to your team.
The modules were relevant and more specific to general practice than other training I have done previously.”
Erin, Enrolled Nurse
You may also like…
Opioids and Your PatientFreeAdd to cart
Learn more about prescription opioids including their benefits and negative impacts CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
Bowel Screening Learning HubFreeAdd to cart
Support your patients' participation in the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program
Understanding LGBTIQFreeAdd to cart
Practice inclusivity with LGBTIQ patients CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM