Immunisations and Cold Chain Management
Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
In this module, you will learn about:
- Cold chain management including what to do if there is a breach in the cold chain
- The National Immunisation Program including groups who are eligible for additional immunisations
- Immunisation advice and counselling to patients
- Tips for administering immunisations
- The Australian Immunisation Register
- Immunisation adverse events and reporting