Introduction to Chronic Disease Item Numbers
Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
In this module, you will learn about:
- The components and requirements of a GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement
- What the associated Medicare item numbers are for these plans and how often the item numbers can be used
- How to maximise patient outcomes through the use of GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
- The importance of goal setting
- The role of the practice nurse in chronic disease management