Find out more about the basics of General Practice.
DescriptionAre you a medical student? Are you preparing for a general practice placement? Have you ever wanted to find out more about the basics of general practice? Then this free online course is for you! The module covers how general practice is structured in Australia, including an overview of the MBS and PBS, how to refer to specialists and manage consultations, and how to practise medicine in a culturally respectful, safe and appropriate manner. The course takes about one hour to complete, and includes an extensive list of resources and opportunities to explore general practice further.
Program ContentLearning outcomes This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Increase knowledge about how general practice in Australia is structured;
- Develop an understanding of the MBS, PBS and how to refer to specialists;
- Understand how to develop a structured, but flexible, approach to consultations;
- Increase awareness of time management issues and how to overcome them; and
- Develop a basic understanding about practising medicine in a culturally respectful, safe and appropriate manner.
- The Business of General Practice
- Consulting in General Practice
- Time Management Working Across
- Self Care
- Online Resources