ReturntoWorkGP helps GPs support their patients through their recovery and return to work.
SummaryObtain the skills and knowledge you need to support your patients through their recovery and return to work. ReturnToWorkGP provides GPs, registrars, practice nurses and practice managers with the skills, tools and knowledge to support their patients’ recovery and return to work. Build your confidence in effective coaching and counselling, including how to recognise and address barriers to recovery, understand the Return to Work Scheme, and learn about the support services available to enable your patient to successfully transition back to work sooner. This is a free, two-hour online course, which is CPD accredited with the following organisations in the 2020-2022 triennium:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) – 4 CPD points.
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) – 1 Educational Activity and 1 Performance Review hours.
Program contentLearning outcomes This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Describe the health benefits of work.
- Utilise effective strategies to support patients returning to work.
- Navigate, access services, and meet the requirements of the Return to Work Scheme.
- Adopt a biopsychosocial approach to treating patients.
- The Health Benefits of Work
- Helping the Patient Return to Work
- Return to Work Framework