Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand what motivational interviewing is and isn’t
- Understand the motivational interviewing process-orientated approach
- Understand best practice motivational interviewing techniques and skills to assist patients to engage in ‘change talk’
- Identify short and longer motivational interviewing opportunities to support patients’ behaviour change and readiness
- Express motivating and non-stigmatising language in conversations with patients