Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
In this module, you will learn about:
- The definitions of overweight and obese adults and children
- The health implications of being overweight or obese in adulthood
- The role of the practice nurse in the identification and management of overweight and obese adults
- Principles of lifestyle advice for adults who are overweight or obese
- When medications may be prescribed for people who are overweight or obese
- The role of bariatric surgery for obese patients