Self-Care and Wellbeing for Practice Nurses
Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand what self-care is and why it is important.
- Understand the risk factors for compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, burnout and suicide for healthcare professionals.
- Express non-stigmatising language in conversations with peers regarding suicide.
- Identify your own and peers’ signs and symptoms of stress, compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, burnout and/or suicidal thoughts.
- Identify self-care strategies to implement to increase your resilience and wellbeing.