Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
In this module, you will learn about:
- The importance of using a daily nursing checklist to ensure that non-clinical tasks are performed when required
- Strategies for ordering clinic supplies to reduce the risk of over and under ordering
- How to develop a stock rotation system to reduce the risk of items expiring before use, including how to use the ‘dot system’
- How to maintain emergency equipment (including oxygen, suction, masks, the doctor’s bag, automated external defibrillators and ECG machines) and to ensure that all equipment and supplies are ready in the event of an emergency
- How to manage Schedule 8 medications including legal storage, destruction and documentation requirements