Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
In this module, you will learn about:
- The definition of a ‘veteran’ and the types of supports available to veterans through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)
- The health problems commonly experienced by ADF personnel
- Veteran Cards and patient eligibility for DVA services and funding
- Key contacts and resources for the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) for both clinicians and patients
- Veteran Health Assessment Tools for former ADF personnel including the One-off Veteran Health Check and the Annual Veteran Health Check
- The Coordinated Veterans’ Care (CVC) program
- The DVA referral process to allied health professionals
- Mental health and drug and alcohol supports for veterans and their families
- Supports available for pharmaceutical and wound care items
- Other available DVA programs and supports
- The impact of COVID-19 on DVA services