Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
In this module, you will learn about:
- The National Closing the Gap Strategy and its relevance to General Practice
- Cultural factors to be aware of and how to make your practice environment more welcoming to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients
- Indigenous patient identification
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Health Assessments (MBS Item 715)
- Other available Medicare and Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme measures
- Health conditions that are more prevalent in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander populations