Expand your knowledge and skills as a primary care nurse to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
About this Program
Helping primary care nurses expand their knowledge and skills to achieve best patient outcomes in general practice
GPEx’s Practice Nurse Education and Development Program is specifically tailored to nurses wanting to transition into a general practice setting, or those who are already working in primary health care who want to upskill.
This module is one of 24 modules available in the Program. Modules can be purchased individually or together at a discounted price. You will have immediate access for up to 12 months from time of purchase.
An online certificate of completion is automatically available on successful completion.
Seat time: 1 hour
In this module, you will learn about:
- Increase your knowledge of primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Develop an understanding of cardiovascular disease risk factors and the absolute cardiovascular disease risk tool.
- Develop an understanding of how you can support a patient with primary cardiovascular prevention strategies such as lifestyle modification.
- Develop strategies in your role as practice nurse to support patients who have been diagnosed with hypertension.
- Increase your knowledge of how a practice nurse can support a patient following a myocardial infarction or diagnosis of established atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Increase your knowledge of the management of patients with heart failure with a particular emphasis on patient self-management and lifestyle strategies.
- Increase your knowledge of peripheral vascular disease and how you can assist the practice team with identification of patients with possible PVD, including with ankle-brachial index readings.