Enhance your supervision skills to prepare your trainee for their exams.
DescriptionImprove your skills and provide world-class supervision to trainees across a range of health professions. There is no-one-size-fits-all approach for teaching. Every student is different and every supervision moment will require a tailored approach. In Mastering Supervision, best evidence is translated into practical information to equip you with the skills you need to create the best learning environment and help prepare trainees for College exams. You will learn about the different roles of the supervisor and the different approaches to managing trainees, including a framework to help identify and remediate trainees in trouble, with clear structures for difficult conversations. This course takes six to seven hours to complete, and is CPD accredited with the following organisations in the 2020-2022 triennium:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) – 40 CPD points.
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) – 15 Educational Activity and 1 Performance Review hours, 16 MOPS points.
Program ContentLearning outcomes This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Describe the different roles of the supervisor.
- Utilise a range of approaches to effectively manage trainees.
- Deliver effective feedback strategies and skills.
- Summarise differences between role-modelling, mentoring and coaching.
- Plan safe, workplace-based education strategies to assist trainee knowledge transformation that is conducive to learning and patient safety.
- Making Assessment Decisions
- Domains of Supervision and Feedback
- Self Regulated and Reflective Learners
- Supervision in a Digital World
- The Patient-Trainee Situation