Enhance your supervision skills to set your trainees up for success CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
About this Program
Improve your skills and provide world-class supervision to trainees across a range of health professions.
There is no-one-size-fits-all approach for teaching. Every student is different and every supervision moment will require a tailored approach.
In Mastering Supervision, best evidence is translated into practical information to equip you with the skills you need to create the best learning environment and help prepare trainees for College exams.
You will learn about the different roles of the supervisor and the different approaches to managing trainees, including a framework to help identify and remediate trainees in trouble, with clear structures for difficult conversations.
This course is CPD accredited with the following organisations for the 2023-2025 triennium:
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP):
- Educational Activities: 10 hours
- Reviewing Performance: 5.5 hours
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM):
- Educational Activities: 11 hours
- Reviewing Performance: 4.5 hours
This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Describe the different roles of the supervisor.
- Develop self-awareness of supervision style and provision through self-reflection.
- Compare effective feedback strategies and skills.
- Summarise differences between role-modelling, mentoring and coaching.
- Plan safe, workplace-based education strategies to assist trainee knowledge transformation that is conducive to learning and patient safety.
- Making Assessment Decisions
- Domains of Supervision and Feedback
- Self Regulated and Reflective Learners
- Supervision in a Digital World
- The Patient-Trainee Situation
You may also like…
Understanding LGBTIQFreeAdd to cart
Practice inclusivity with LGBTIQ patients CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
Mentally Healthy WorkplacesFreeAdd to cart
Create a positive and productive environment where people want to come to work and perform at their best
Day 1 in General PracticeFreeAdd to cart
Get your general practice career off to the best start with practical tips and advice
DRS4DRS – A Healthy Medical ProfessionFreeEnrol today
Understand your physical and mental health needs and how to care for your colleagues