Enhance your knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, management and treatment of common skin conditions CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
About this Program
Diagnose and manage common skin conditions with confidence.
Dermatological conditions are the most common presentations in general practice, but are often difficult to correctly diagnose.
Improve your confidence in this complex area of general practice with GP Derm, where you will learn diagnostic techniques, the effects of sun on the skin, and how to identify and manage a range of conditions including skin cancer, eczema, fungal infections, acne and psoriasis.
This course is CPD accredited with the following organisations for the 2023-2025 triennium:
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP):
- Educational Activities: 6 hours
- Reviewing Performance: 4 hours
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM):
- Educational Activities: 10 hours
This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Employ a systematic approach to performing skin checks and diagnosing common skin conditions encountered in general practice.
- Apply evidence-based approaches to managing skin conditions encountered in general practice to ensure patient safety.
- Develop a holistic approach for patients presenting with a skin complaint, including its potential emotional and psychological impact.
- List the risk factors for the development of skin cancer and how skin cancer affects the Australian population.
- Explain the appropriate techniques to obtain histopathological tissue samples for concerning skin lesions in the general practice setting.
- Dermatology and Diagnostic Techniques
- Dermatology in General Practice
- Sun and the Skin
- Premalignant Skin Lesions and Skin Cancers
- Bacterial and Viral Skin Infections
- Fungal Infections, Skin Infestations and Exanthems
What about your practice nurse?
So you’ve taken charge of your own professional development but what about your practice nurse?
GPEx’s comprehensive 24-module Practice Nurse Program is the ideal way to upskill your practice nurse. From wound management and ECG basics to mental health support and stock management, your practice nurse will have the skills and confidence to contribute even more effectively to your team.
The modules were relevant and more specific to general practice than other training I have done previously.”
Erin, Enrolled Nurse
You may also like…
Pro Start Anaesthetics$500.00Add to cart
Broaden your skills and career options with this workplace-based introduction to GP anaesthetics training
Beyond Fellowship$150.00Add to cart
Kick-start your GP career with insight, knowledge, and confidence - welcome to life beyond GP training! CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
Opioids and Your PatientFreeAdd to cart
Learn more about prescription opioids including their benefits and negative impacts CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
Breast, Bowel and Cervical Cancer ScreeningFreeAdd to cart
Encourage your patients to participate in bowel, breast and cervical cancer screening programs CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM