Enhance your knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, management and treatment of common skin conditions.
Diagnose and manage common skin conditions with confidence.
Dermatological conditions are the most common presentations in general practice, but are often difficult to correctly diagnose.
Improve your confidence in this complex area of general practice with GP Derm, where you will learn diagnostic techniques, the effects of sun on the skin, and how to identify and manage a range of conditions including skin cancer, eczema, fungal infections, acne and psoriasis.
This course is CPD accredited with the following organisations in the 2020-2022 triennium:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) – 40-point CPD Activity.
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) – 12 Educational Activity hours.
Program contentLearning outcomes
This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Employ a systematic approach to performing skin checks and diagnosing common skin conditions encountered in general practice.
- Apply evidence-based approaches to managing skin conditions encountered in general practice to ensure patient safety.
- Develop a holistic approach for patients presenting with a skin complaint, including its potential emotional and psychological impact.
- List the risk factors for the development of skin cancer and how skin cancer affects the Australian population.
- Explain the appropriate techniques to obtain histopathological tissue samples for concerning skin lesions in the general practice setting.
- Dermatology and Diagnostic Techniques
- Dermatology in General Practice
- Sun and the Skin
- Premalignant Skin Lesions and Skin Cancers
- Bacterial and Viral Skin Infections
- Fungal Infections, Skin Infestations and Exanthems
Inc. GSTEnrol today