Better support your patients through their recovery and return to work as an allied health professional
About this Program
Support your patients through their recovery and return to work.
Allied health professionals play an essential role in supporting and coaching patients through their return to work journey.
ReturnToWorkAHP provides allied health professionals with the skills, tools and knowledge they need to guide and progress their patients’ recovery and return to work.
Learn how to work effectively as a member of the treatment team, develop a pathway to recovery in collaboration with your patient, and learn practical strategies for effective coaching and counselling, including how to recognise and address barriers to recovery.
This free online course is two hours in duration. Upon completion, a certificate is provided to enable you to claim CPD hours through your College (if applicable).
This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Explain the health benefits of work.
- Understand the Return to Work Scheme.
- Work effectively as a member of the treatment team.
- Perform early screening to identify the risk of poor outcomes and take appropriate action to address potential issues.
- Use a biopsychosocial approach when treating patients.
- Develop a pathway to recovery in collaboration with your patient.
- Measure and demonstrate effectiveness of treatment.
- The Health Benefits of Work
- The Return to Work Scheme
- Using a Biopsychosocial Approach
- Helping Your Patient Return to Work
- Resources and References
Developed in partnership with
You may also like…
Opioids and Your PatientFreeAdd to cart
Learn more about prescription opioids including their benefits and negative impacts CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
Understanding LGBTIQFreeAdd to cart
Practice inclusivity with LGBTIQ patients CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
ReturnToWorkPsychFreeAdd to cart
Better support your patients through their recovery and return to work as a psychologist
ReturnToWorkGPFreeAdd to cart
Learn how GPs can better support their patients through their recovery and return to work CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM