Better support your patients through their recovery and return to work as a psychologist
About this Program
Support your patients through their recovery and return to work.
Psychologists play an essential role in supporting, treating and educating patients through their return to work journey.
ReturnToWorkPsych provides psychologists with the skills, tools and knowledge to help guide and progress their patients towards recovery and their transition back to work sooner.
Learn a simple and practical framework for assessing work capacity for people with a psychological condition, how to employ a psychosocial approach, and empower your patients for best outcomes.
This free online course is two hours in duration. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of the course.
This course will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understand and explain the health benefits of work and the impacts of psychosocial factors on return to work
- Understand and employ the Clinical Framework for the Delivery of Health Services
- Understand the Return to Work scheme
- Work effectively with your partners in the treatment team
- Use a framework for assessing capacity and a biopsychosocial approach when treating patients
- Develop management plans and set goals with your patients
- Work effectively with the claims team, return to work coordinator, and patient’s employer
- Measure and demonstrate the effectiveness of treatment
- The Health Benefits of Work
- The Return to Work Scheme
- Framework for Assessing Capacity
- Using a Biopsychosocial Approach
- Helping your Patient Recover at Work
- Resources and References
Developed in partnership with
You may also like…
ReturnToWorkAHPFreeAdd to cart
Better support your patients through their recovery and return to work as an allied health professional
Opioids and Your PatientFreeAdd to cart
Learn more about prescription opioids including their benefits and negative impacts CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
ReturnToWorkGPFreeAdd to cart
Learn how GPs can better support their patients through their recovery and return to work CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM
Understanding LGBTIQFreeAdd to cart
Practice inclusivity with LGBTIQ patients CPD accredited with RACGP, ACRRM